Playing along with Erin today, and ten random things:
1. Acoustic guitar and lyrical vocals make me cry. Every. single. time.
2. I miss the ocean every day. But when I was away from Maine, even near the ocean, I missed Maine every day.
3. Thursday afternoons are reserved for talking to my best friend, Meg. We’ve been doing this for 16 months now. Every week makes me glad to be alive.
4. I love snowstorms like a snow-obsessed child. I wait for them, I watch them, and I delight in them. All winter, my motto is, “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!”
5. Fair food makes me swoon. Mostly, I like to eat healthy things, but present me with pier fries, fried dough, sausage bombs, etc. and I am a bottomless pit of joy.
6. When my first son was born, they didn’t bring him close enough for me to really kiss him, so it was over an hour before I touched my baby. I’ve been making up for it for 8 and 1/2 years.
7. I spent 5 years in NC without really acquiring a Southern accent. However, all I need to do is have a drink or hear a Southern accent and I’m “y’all”ing all over the place–and pretty authentically, if I do say so myself.
8. I love to make/do things for people I love. Sometimes, my vision of what I can/will do gets beyond my time/ability, and I flake out completely. Then I hate myself.
9. In my old age, I have learned to love so many foods I detested as a child/young adult–mushrooms, eggplant, mayonnaise, pizza, ham, sandwiches, onion, bacon. I still cannot abide green pepper. Perhaps I never shall.
10. Making friends is hard for me. I don’t do small talk, and it takes a long time for me to open up. But once I’m yours, it’s kind of a lifetime commitment. As one (long, long, longtime) friend once told me, “You’re sort of the gift that keeps on giving.”
If you play too, please leave me a link in the comments.